Become a POST land volunteer
Thank you for your interest in supporting POST as a volunteer. Your contribution of time is a valuable asset in our work protecting the local lands we all love.
Learn more about POST volunteer opportunities:
General Volunteer Qualifications:
- Attend an orientation and field training.
- Be in good physical shape
- Be detail oriented with good record-keeping skills
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Be willing and able to travel to protected properties and/or community events.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Knowledge of local plants, animals and birds, map reading and photographic skills are helpful, but not necessary.
We are grateful to people like you, who help out on the front lines of POST’s mission to protect valuable open space and natural resources. Whether you’re volunteering on the land and learning about tools and techniques, and to visit, hike, and care for properties that are not open to the general public, or play an important role as an ambassador for POST—helping people understand the special challenges facing land conservation in our area and how POST has stepped in to address that need.Your volunteer hours could be matched by your employer! Use our new search tool to find out if your company offers this benefit.
Ready to get started? Click here for our volunteer application.